Wednesday, August 26, 2009

RAS Community - Doing Whatever It Takes ?

This will be your homework post. Please review the linked content and reply with your thoughts regarding if teaching Early Childhood Education, Parent Education and Emotional Intelligence at and before school is:

  1. an excellent use of tax dollars and long over due
  2. another expensive, wasteful, touchy/feely fad, etc...
  3. a government plot by the Democrats to brainwash the kids

I'll give you a hint as to my position. My sensitive and liberal side is showing again, and I think Geoffrey Canada and Dan Goleman have the solution to our challenges ... Now as a community, do we have the stomach and passion to implement them.

In case you like to read more, here are the books with more detail:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't read Gladwell's books, but I am a huge fan of his New Yorker articles which are compiled at Gladwell.com.

What I think of as Gladwell's main theme, which is what do we know, and how do we go about knowing it, is very relevant to how we think about our schools.