Friday, July 31, 2026

COVID Deaths vs Freedom

 https://apnews.com/.../fauci-covid19-pandemic-senate-rand...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a political person. Politics is one way I look at the world. As one who thinks from a political perspective, I believe one of the most important decisions we make about any problem we face in our culture is whether or not to politicize it. The problem with choosing t too politicize a problem is that it can make it many more times difficult and very often it can make problems unsolvable. Lured by the political advantages of a problem very often we lose interest in solving it. For me, health care policy is one of the more tragic examples of an issue we chose to politicize with tragic consequences. Covid policy is a subset of that, I would suggest. Because many have chosen to turn issues related to it into political weapons, we have lost the ability to understand what really happened, and how develop policies and tools to deal with future outbreaks of various other kinds, which seem inevitable. It's all very sad.==Hiram

John said...

Some of the panels discussed that on the Sunday politics shows.

The folks on the right blamed Fauci for claiming the fifth...

I blame the Right for openly saying they were just waiting for him to say the wrong thing so they could try to prosecute him. :-O

It is a sad state of affairs.