I posted this comment over at MP Paulsen. Thoughts?
3 Topics Here
- How much of our economy is collected and spent by the politicians? My preferred target is ~33% of GDP. That leaves 67% for citizens to use as they wish.
- Who is taxed to pay that 33% or other? Currently successful people pay a lot more in taxes to support and care for the citizens who are not successful. Makes sense since they have the money and the poor do not. (ie no getting blood out of a turnip)
- What the politicians choose to spend that 33% or other on? I am somewhat indifferent as long as they over time stay within their budget and keep America secure. (some deficits / some surpluses) Unfortunately even in these good times they are spending more than they take in and our kids will need to pay for it in one way or another. Keep praying that interest rates stay low. :-)
G2A Political Self Awareness
Total US Govt Spend History