Saturday, June 22, 2013

I Am So Impressed !!!

Well I spent the last 2+ days preparing my home and yard to host a graduation party for my oldest daughter.  And the weather certainly was NOT cooperative!!!  2 nights in a row storms knocked down trees and branches that had to be cut, picked up and disposed of.  Thankfully our only casualty was my chain link fence where the neighbor's tree landed on it...  On the upside, I was planning to put a gate on that side, the tree just helped me decide where...  Well enough about the trials, I want to focus on the tribulations.

Sometimes my lovely daughter questions how proud I am of her.  I mean since I question some of her choices, express concerns about her housekeeping, and wonder about some of her financial priorities...  You know the typical things that good parents do.

For the record, I want to say that I believe my daughter is smart, beautiful, capable and simply incredible.  She pursued challenging curriculum and graduated with high honors while active in 2 sports.  Now she is headed to Iowa State in Ames to pursue a Chemical Engineering degree.  I am SO IMPRESSED with my daughter and I love her very much !!!

By the way, the party went GREAT and it did not get rained out.  Thank heavens for that, and my lovely daughter !!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your daughter. I have several Cyclones in my family, and it's a great university.


--Annie

Unknown said...

It's a great feeling to be proud of our children. My boys keep things more interesting by being above average students but no sure thing for getting into the selective college of their choice (U of M- Carlson School). My older son made it after being wait listed, while younger one needs to step it up junior year to have a chance.

You're daughter sounds well prepared to be successful in an engineering program. We have a good friend whose gifted son dropped out of engineering after the first year because (in my opinion) he wasn't used to studying.

John said...

Thanks ladies. She will need to improve / increase her studying and reduce her screen time.
HS was pretty easy for her.

On the upside she has no interest in being a party animal like her father... My first 2 years were kind of a blur... That guardian angel had his hands very full...