Monday, October 16, 2017

Symptom of Anxiety

Well here is an interesting link from one of my FB Friends. OM Anxiety Makes You Look Like an Asshole  Now these weren't my symptoms before treatment, however I can understand the reality of this piece. People who are unaware of what is going on in the head of a person with anxiety or depression could easily misread the situation.

The reality is that people with anxiety / depression are expending so much energy to cope, and they are trying to avoid any triggers that may make it worse...  So of course they don't necessarily seem warm, approachable, at ease, etc.

Before I got things back under control I still remember laying on my bed shaking at the idea of going out to the country to visit mu parents. Now as you know I go out there often and usually have a great time, so this was not a rational fear. This was simply too little serotonin in my brain which led to my brain's electronic pulses not communicating correctly between neurons.  Build up my serotonin and the problem goes away. Poof !!!

Of course the amusing thing is that most people who have not experienced anxiety / depression don't realize how a tiny change in the chemical balance in their brain could drop them into it tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But you don't think mental health coverage should be part of basic health care?

How odd.

Moose

John said...

For new readers: Moose is commenting on the comments from this post.

Here is the response I gave Sean over there.

"Sean,
First of all you asked me which EHBs may be negotiable to lower premiums in rural America. I just answered your question.

Related to that, one would limit the conditions that would be treated if the person paying the bill was willing to bear the risk of that decision. My 2002 Suburban no longer has comp or collision coverage on it, I chose to lower my premiums somewhat by doing this. I now bear the responsible for fixing it if I roll it on an icy road.

If someone does not want pregnancy or pediatrician coverage because they don't have sex. That is at least worth discussing.

As for "better and more affordable", I am thinking the people who can reduce their premiums by not paying for extra coverage they do not need would agree with Trump." G2A

John said...

It is getting closer... Maybe???

CNN Bi-Partisan Solution