Thursday, March 7, 2019

Dave Dahl for RDale Superintendent !!!!

Now I would not wish that on Dave, but I thought it was catchy headline. :-)


And an interesting comment from there.

"Since posting my comment 12 hours ago, I've been overwhelmed and shocked by the calls, texts, and e-mails I've received from parents, teachers, staff, and students about the Dahl decision. It's clear that the District has far greater problems than just the decision about Mr. Dahl.

For example, I am shocked that less than four months after a successful referendum that will give an additional $6 million to the District over the next 10 years, the Superintendent is reporting that the District currently ha a $6 million shortfall.I'm alarmed that under Superintendent Jenkins's management, the District has had four Finance Directors and currently has an Interim Finance Director. Such lack of continuity is alarming.

It's disturbing to learn that Dr. Jenkins has brought in several administrators with checkered backgrounds from out of state who have worked with him when he was in Beloit, Atlanta, and Michigan. And when I read that Dr. Jenkins is planning a national search to replace Mr. Dahl, I not only questions whether he is functioning under the same fiscal-austerity rules as teachers and school staff have had to work under for years. I find it difficult to believe that here are no qualified candidates in Minnesota.

And I'm no expert about running school districts, so it gives me pause to write this, but I find it curious that the District has a Doctor of Education who was hired from out of state to be the Director of Operations and Safety, whose responsibilities (Custodial Services, Facilities, and Transportation) have no direct connection to the provision or administration of education.

These and other issues raise serious questions about how the District is being managed and what's in store for its future. I would hope the Board is not only aware of these problems and concerns but are actively working on them." Kelly

No comments: