Thursday, February 3, 2011

Robbinsdale Projections

The board and administration were busy in January, here are some of the documents I found interesting. My comments and questions are:
  • Now that I have seen the payback table several times, I am still wondering what enrollment projections by school are behind it? Is the district planning on 300 previous students coming home to the District schools, 300 out of district students moving in, and all of the community school kids staying put? Please drop me a note if I just missed them.

  • Since Supt Sicoli came here, I have heard him remark several times that intradistrict transfer should be limited in order to hold more spots for the open enrollees. I am assuming the logic is that Open Enrollees are more likely to attend ZLE than Northport? It probably makes sense though I disagree with the concept. Anybody see anything official on this yet? Is this the year? (Findings) I have some friends wondering if this is a good reason to buy a new house...
Any other questions or comments regarding these documents, or answers to my questions would be greatly appreciated. Have a great weekend !!!

Magnet School Projections
Facility Overview (Olson vs PLE)
Mid Yr Enrollment Report
Enrollment Trends
Enrollment Projections
Mid yr and Projections Presentation
Teacher Student Ratios
Non-Resident Caps
Financial Page

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just at first glance it appears that your "local" school board cares more about non-local kids than about local ones, whose parents actually pay taxes to the district. This is, as the kids would say, "bogus." Translation: stupid and not right. Your local board is paid to educate YOUR kids, not somebody else's, and if some of their schools are better than others than the thing to do is concentrate on making the others better, not reserving the best ones for somebody else.

J. Ewing