Sunday, February 27, 2011

School Funding Forum TUESDAY...

Tuesday, March 1st: 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm Room C350 at the St. Louis Park High School (6425 West 33rd Street, St. Louis Park, MN - (952) 928-6100)

St. Louis Park Schools Legislative Action Committee will be having a forum to discuss education funding and the current legislative session. There will be an overview of the current state of education funding followed by an open discussion between the audience and the panel. This is an excellent opportunity to get your questions answered by the experts!!

Those who will be present:
Mary Cecconi of Parents United for Education, Former Sen. Steve Kelley, Rep. Steve Simon, Rep. Ryan Winkler, Sen. Ron Latz and Sen. Terri Bonoff. SLP ICARE

2 comments:

R-Five said...

I assume that's Winkler, not Sinkler, typo in original LAC email.

I'd go if I thought there would be anything beyond DFL / EdMn politics being presented or considered. Ideas about ending tenure, benefits reform, paying for performance etc, - go sit at the kids table.

John said...

Thanks for the heads up on the typo. I think I am going to attend so I can get my yearly dose of just give us more money and things will be fine...

If too boring and repetitive, maybe I'll ask a few of your uncomfortable questions. It is always fun to see the speaker's reactions... And the crowd's rumblings...