Sunday, January 13, 2013

Here Come the Taxes MN

We know the reality that more taxes naturally come with the DFL being in charge.  Now the question is who will be paying them.  The rich for sure, but it seems like all of us will end up paying a bit more. (ie clothing, on line purchases, sin taxes, etc)

Then there is the talk of them wanting to institute spending cuts.  I find this hard to believe and have seen no examples of what they intend.

I commented on both of the MPP links, asked some questions and received no useful answers.  Maybe one of my readers can help me understand how increasing the MN budget by 20+ percent going to help us middle class folk?  And how we are going to tax wealth baby boomers who retire and set up their second home (ie residence) in a low tax state down South, because MN's taxes are just too high?

Thoughts on these questions and the situation in general?

Politics in MN: 4 Potential Tax Hikes
MPP Good Politics
MPP Budget Gimmicks
Uptake DFL News Conf Video

G2A MN Budget Baseline
MN Budget History
US Spending - MN
The Uptake Tax the Rich
MPR Gov Addresses Chamber of Commerce Fears
MPR Spending Cuts and Tax Increases

4 comments:

John said...

Well I'll start then.

I am torn on the Internet purchase tax. I greatly appreciate that I can buy items tax free, however it frustrates me to no end that many people take advantage of Best Buy and other stores to look at the expensive product and then go online to make their purchase.

If you appreciate the service offered by having a brick and mortar store in your neighbor, start shopping there or it will be gone.

John said...

So I'll continue talking to myself.

I wonder who will be most impacted by the online tax and the sin taxes??? I assume the poor and middle class will feel the bite worst.

And the clothing tax on higher cost outfits. I wonder how suits, wedding dresses, and high end warm winter wear will be handled. And will it only tax the dollars over $200, or will they tax the whole expense. Will stores soon mostly only carry things that cost $199 or less.

I still am unsure how this is helping the middle class.

I mean raising the minimum wage will certainly raise the cost of food and other products, especially in the rural areas where they are currently paying the Fed rate of $7.25...

Seems this agenda will mostly help the poor folk and the public employees...

Anonymous said...

Don't you find it curious that the DFL looks to increase taxes first, and only THEN tell us where they absolutely MUST spend the money?

J. Ewing

John said...

I was amazed they even issued the words... "spending cuts"

I am not holding breath since all I have heard are ideas for spending increases.