Monday, March 16, 2020

When to Start Buying?

I know it is not yet, however it is an interesting question that is on my mind.

As I noted quite awhile back, I started to diversify out of 100% stocks when the market hit ~22,000.  This is pretty new to me because I usually just stuck with them through the ups and downs.  And it was frustrating when the market kept going up beyond what I thought was realistic.

Now that they have plummeted I am happier about my current more conservative  risk averse mix. :-)

However it does leave me with that new dilemma...  When to start buying back in?

My current plan is to start buying somewhere around 18,000 in regular fixed amounts maybe once a week until I am fully back in... (ie dollar cost averaging) Though I am thinking it may go as low as 14,500 if 2008/9 is a comparable benchmark. (touch graphic to enlarge)

Any better ideas out there?

One more note for anyone that is freaking out...




No comments: