Thursday, November 17, 2022

GOP is Anti-Big Business

I am sure this will end poorly for the GOP...

As this idiot notes, most big companies believe in respecting the rights of all citizens.  So maybe anti-free speech, anti-personal freedom GOPers will need to only spend at like minded businesses?

Since most American citizens value personal freedoms and honest history, it will be interesting to see how the GOP alternative history, controlling people and bigotted policies are received by the masses?  Especially as the old folks keep dying off. :-O

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Companies believe in profits. In America, that means paying at least lip service to democracy. But if tyranny makes business sense, business will go along. Twitter canceled Trump not because they disliked him, but because they didn't want to be in business with him.

==Hiram

John said...

You certainly have a negative view of our neighbors and fellow citizens who manage businesses...

Thankfully in this case the ethics, social norms and profit potential are aligned against the GOP's policies.

Anonymous said...

I think businesses back politicians who support things they perceive are in their interests. I do too. I don't see anything particularly negative about that. I have talked with a number of businesses, and most of them tell me they don't want to get their business involved in politics and I find that very understandable.

There is a big misunderstanding out there that takes many forms. It's the difference between objecting to a rule and following it. There are lots of rules I object to or have various problems with. But since they are rules, I follow them. Some think of this is hypocrisy but I see it as involving to separate issues which are not in conflict. In this context, I might object to businesses getting involved in politics, but the rules say they can. So if one side does it, I don't see the other side doing it too, until such time the
rules are changed for the benefit of all.

--Hiram