Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Improving RAS Communities

My perception is that many of the communities served by RAS are at a turning point:

  • Citizens can either go about their lives and potentially watch their neighborhoods decline.
  • Citizens can sit in their arm chairs Criticizing, Complaining, Comparing, Competing and Contending. (5 Relationship Cancers)
  • Citizens can forsake their neighborhoods and run to an outer ring suburb... (ie leaving the less fortunate to fend for themselves)
  • Or Citizens can get off their butts, get involved and help their neighborhoods thrive again.
It looks like there is a new group that is looking for volunteers that are willing to stay and fight for their neighborhoods. I am not sure of their make up, history or agenda, however I am certain that their stated goal is worthy. So please consider burying any axes you may be carrying and give them a listen.... You may be surprised that your goals are almost the same.... Only the words and methods are different...

And as I always preach: What makes you so certain that "YOU KNOW IT ALL"??? To grow we need to question what we believe, where did that belief come and does it really make sense ?? Or in Tolstoy's more politically correct words: "Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing themselves." (by the way, I am smiling as I write this...)

http://communitysolutionsmn.wordpress.com/

Besides the questionnaire seems pretty fair: RAS Comments

2 comments:

missile launch said...

Amen - have you seen my blog - maybe we can link to each other

Mine is at http://shiftingstandards.blogspot.com/

John said...

I don't keep a blogroll, however I will try to check in on your blog occasionally and link as makes sense. Thanks for the heads up.