Friday, July 24, 2009

G2A Rules - Updated

Here are my updated G2A rules. They change because I continue to learn more about blogging each month, posting, conflict, etc. Before they were exclusively there to reassure friends and acquaintances that I would honor "private" information that I am privy to.


Now I am adding one to clarify when I will exercise my authority as blog moderator. This pretty much means I make the comment disappear. Something I have not done in 9+ mths of blogging.


The intent of the rule is to keep the debate polite and topic focused by not allowing name calling or labelling. There should be no reason to label the person making the comment, while clarifying your counter opinion or correcting a misstatement of fact. For example, I wouldn't expect to see Obama call McCain a bigot while discussing policy or belief differences at a debate. And I do not expect that behavior on this blog site.


G2A Rules:
  • G2A will only discuss things that are general public knowledge. (ie no privileged info)
  • G2A will only link to public / posted documents. (ie school and other websites)
  • G2A will not post based on singular specific personal conversations or information without permission from the information provider.
  • G2a will only post after observing common themes, issues, discussions, etc. (ie it is out there and people are talking about it)
  • G2A will moderate any comments that apply derogatory labels. Be it to G2A, another commenter, group of people, etc.
  • G2A will moderate any comment that includes offensive language. (ie swearing)
I have been in this district for 10 years... I think and read a lot... I talk to a lot of people... This generates opinions and ideas that I post... I know I will be wrong sometimes, therefore all comments are accepted and can be totally anonymous.


My email is give2get@live.com. Please contact me directly if I you feel I have violated any of these rules. And always, please remember:


I only speak for myself.
Please do not hold others accountable for my opinions.
If you do, you are doing them a great wrong/disservice.

No comments: