Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Poor Disappointed Dog

Well, the family and I are taking advantage of the MEA long weekend to visit Grandma and Grandpa just South of Canby, MN. The kids will get to play with the cousins and breathe some fresh country air... So why is this post called "My Poor Disappointed Dog".

Well, I typically take Cassie out pheasant hunting at this time of year. I love walking with her and watching her work. The only problem is that I am a very poor shot. Therefore she works very hard, scares up birds and I typically miss. Then she comes back to me with that look...

The upside is that she is very forgiving, and still seems to love me. Even if I can't hit the broad side of a barn. Thank heavens for dogs...

1 comment:

John said...

Note: Dog is happy, Master found one unlucky bird that flew into the bb's....

Note to self: Water resistant boots do not mean water proof. Buy new boots if the torrent persists... Can we say squish squish squish squish...