Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Results: One More Try

Per Speed's note, I looked into mobility and found the graphs looked similar to earlier postings, so I did not post them.

However, during this I learned how to show the graphs I wanted. Here are the results by Race and Economics. (it took 2 graphs per subject...) To me these make the RAS to State gaps look smaller, but they clearly show the Race and Economic gaps at both levels.

Folks can pick on the Public schools all they want, however these lead me to believe that academic success has more to do with the family / student than with the school. We spend a great deal more per student in the schools with a higher level of poverty and yet the test scores continue to be lower.... I find it unlikely the schools can fix this embedded problem by themselves. What do you think us citizens can do to help? What else do you see in these graphs?












No comments: