Sunday, December 15, 2013

MN Budget Surplus: What To Do?

It sure is a good thing Dayton and the DFLers raised taxes last year...  Now they get to think of who to reward with tax cuts...  And I am guessing it won't be the "Rich" who are paying the higher rates.  Briana posted an interesting article regarding this at MinnPost Dayton and Federal Tax Conformity.

I'll be posting/commenting at strange hours again this week.  I am at the Detroit airport awaiting my flight to South Korea, and Wednseday I fly into Beijing China for meetings in Tiajin on Thursday and Friday.

So how do you think we should use these excess revenues the DFL helped to generate through tax increases.  Spend them, give them to Paul, give them back to Peter, other?

3 comments:

Sean said...

Eliminate the B2B taxes, do federal tax conformity, and put the rest in reserve.

John said...

I am guessing the first 2 will happen. Not so sure about the "reserves" though.

People and politicians don't seem to like the state holding money. Likely for different reasons.

jerrye92002 said...

Silly rabbit. The DFL is in charge in St. Paul, so there is no such thing as surplus revenue, only insufficient spending.