Sunday, November 24, 2019

Picture with Corpse. No problem.

NYT Trump / Esper Demand Resignation of Navy Secretary

As I have said before, this action by Trump makes me dislike him even more than the Ukraine actions. The idea that he thinks it is okay for a field commander of the US Military to pose his team in front of a dead human as if it was a prize lion...

Next is he going to say it is okay if Gallagher takes the dead man home, has him stuffed / mounted and placed over his fireplace? :-(


Here is some more background regarding this disturbed individual...

Not to mention that Trump totally undermined the US Military Justice system for some possible votes.

4 comments:

John said...

Reuters Trump ordered Pentagon to let convicted Navy SEAL keep elite status

John said...

Sec Navs Spencer's letter

I like this guy... :-)

"As Secretary of the Navy, one of the most important responsibilities I have to our people is to maintain good order and discipline throughout the ranks. I regard this as deadly serious business. The lives of our Sailors, Marines and civilian teammates quite literally depend on the professional execution of our many missions, and they also depend on the ongoing faith and support of the people we serve and the allies we serve alongside.

The rule of law is what sets us apart from our adversaries. Good order and discipline is what has enabled our victory against foreign tyranny time and again, from Captain Lawrence's famous order "Don't Give up the Ship," to the discipline and determination that propelled our flag to the highest point of Iwo Jima.

The Constitution, and the Uniform Code of Military Justice, are the shields that set us apart, and the beacons that protect us all. Through my Title Ten Authority, I have strived to ensure our proceedings are fair, transparent and consistent, from the newest recruit to the Flag and General Officer level.

Unfortunately, it has become apparent that in this respect, I no longer share the same understanding with the Commander in Chief who appointed me, in regards to the key principle of good order and discipline. I cannot in good conscience obey an order that I believe violates the sacred oath I took in the presence of my family, my flag and my faith to support and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Sean said...

Greg Sargent in the Washington Post puts it plainly today: "For Trump, the power to act with impunity — and to decree it for whomever he chooses, on whatever basis he pleases — is the point."

John said...

It is amazing how often he has interfered with the Law and Order systems for political gain. :-(