Friday, February 28, 2020

The Selling / Buying Opportunity

NYT Corona Virus Updates
7 Ways to Stay Calm During Stock Market Crash
Mulvaney suggests Ignoring Virus News

Rarely do I think about my stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc because I keep a pretty balanced portfolio.  Though I had been moving 50% of my assets out of stocks over the last ~2 years.  Which made me feel pretty stupid until a few days ago... :-)

Of course now I face the opposite dilemma, how far should I let it drop before I start buying in again??? :-)  My rough rule came from Peter Lynch...  "Buy when no one wants to discuss stocks, Sell when everyone wants to discuss stocks." :-)

2 comments:

John said...

What a mess

Anonymous said...

It just might be the case that an America with this virus is worth less.

--Hiram