Saturday, March 20, 2021

Our Country, Like it or Leave It. Really?

A woman was upset on FB that the Dr Seuss Company chose to stop publishing some of Dr Seuss' more questionable works.  Which is fine, this is America...  That is until she commented with this stupidity.

How long are they gonna allow all this nonsense?  
This is our Country , it’s time you like it as is or leave !!

So me being me, I had to reply.

Now I am curious... Who is "our" in this comment?

Unfortunately she never did respond, so I will just have to make some guesses.

I am particularly angry about this after what just happened in Minneapolis. And they may be unrelated because I do not know what the FB lady meant.  But they seem similar enough to put them in the same post.  An Asian looking grandfather was sitting with his grandchild at the school bus stop and some woman rolled down her car window and said the following.  'We hate Asian people. Go back to where you came from. Get out from America. If you don't do it, then we're going to kill you".

I have to ask, who in the hell are these people that think they have a right to be in the USA, and other legal residents or citizens do not?  I mean only the Native Americans have been here for a LONG time, most all of our families are relative new comers to this land.

Along these same lines, yet another Conservative woman was concerned about those Hispanics coming from the South.  I had to ask her what she had against Catholics of Spanish heritage? :-)  I mean they are Christian and friggin Europeans.

Well let's close with some data:

This all said...  Who is the "OUR" in "OUR COUNTRY"? :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of when somebody criticied Jean Paul Sartre, in Charles De Gaulle's presence. De Gaulle said, "He too, is France." People who disagree with me, are also America. In fact they are just about as American as i am. I can tell you, it is in conceivable for me to believe that somehow people who disagree with me should leave the country, as if their opinion and the right to hold it is less valuable than mine. Why would I even make such an argument?

--Hiram

John said...

It reminds me of the graphic in this post.

Life sure would be easier if both unhappy groups moved to a country that matched their policies.

The Far Left Liberals could move to Northern Europe or Venezuela / Cuba.

I am not sure where the Far Right Conservatives would go. Mexico, Central America?

John said...

Some interesting comments from FB.

Alex (from Spain):
"Those people in pickup trucks driving by and Rolling down their window to shout racist rants sound familiar. However, in my 8 years in the US, it only happened to me once and while I was walking with 2 Hindi roommates in Fairfax, VA. So, I guess the guy got over excited with so much "foreign" look. The only thing that kept me wonder is how come this people get angry or excited to do that and then drive away in a country with so many "foreign" looking people. I mean, it might make more sense in a country like Ukraine or Poland where 99.99 percent are white, but in US? Just thinking..."

John (G2A)
"This explains it pretty well... In Ukraine or Poland, minorities are just powerless minorities... In the USA, minorities are near becoming the majority and are therefore deemed a great threat to people with racial sensitivities..."

John said...

John (G2A)

"Also, often Asian and Indian minorities thrive in the USA. They are keep their families in tact, highly value education, they buy / build / own businesses, work hard etc.
So they are real competition to status quo. And an easy target for struggling or Caucasian folks who feel entitled."