Monday, January 3, 2022

Thoughts from a Dad

I saw this on FB and it definitely resonated with me.  Often we hear about the stresses that working Mom's face, however sometimes I think we forget about the Dads. 

The original meme had an image of a manly man with dirty gloves, which did not fit the reality of most of us modern Dad's.  And I thought about adding a picture depicting the decades of going to the office, slogging through emails, sitting through endless meetings, tolerating challenging peers / managers, sitting on airplanes, etc all so our family had a nice home and our kids could be kids.

So to the Dad' out there your efforts are worthwhile, and I hope your family appreciates them.  

To the children out there, yes we Dad's do love you dearly even when we have to miss that event, we choose to say no, we disagree with your method or choices, etc.  You are on our minds even when you are not there.

No comments: