Sunday, November 8, 2009

Great Ways to Treat People

One day I was at Lakeshore Learning Center picking up something, when I ran across one those classroom posters that are meant to guide kids in the right direction. I bought it since I am a fan of such things. Also, my household has 2 parents and 3 kids that can use a gentle reminder occasionally. Well the poster was considered too large for the fridge door, so I put it in powerpoint, tweaked the sayings slightly and posted a couple 8 1/2 X 11's around the house.

It is amazing how simple and common sense these guidelines are, however I often find that people forget them. This includes adults that should know better, and the kids that are learning by watching their adult role models.

Anything I should improve on the list???

2 comments:

CDO said...

Shouldn't this be labeled things I learned at my mother's knee? I agree though, these are great reminders though.

A thought I posted on the doors of my daughters rooms reads,
If you want to make a better world, start by keeping your own little corner clean.

A personal reminder reads, "in all things act don't react". Thanks for sharing.

John said...

Things would be much simpler if all kids learned this at their Mother's knee.

I once thought of putting the following tatoo on my inner forearm as a reminder when my mouth got the better of my ears.

1. Seek to Understand
2. Seek to be Understood