Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Exposing Standardized Testing Myths ...

Forum Exposing Standardized Testing Myths

Though the title does not fill me with confidence, this is one meeting you should not miss. Given the importance that we put on State generated Report Cards, AYP, NCLB and test scores, I believe it is the duty of every citizen to understand what they mean.

Now why am I skeptical ? I am worried that it may be spun as an excuse session. (ie the scores are wrong, we are doing great) However, I'll be there hoping to learn facts and gain understanding. I hope you join me.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a scheduling conflict, so I won't be able to be there, but unfortunately, that's what I thought as well. It's going to be an excuse session.
Test scores are not the end all and be all, but face it. They are indicative of achievement and they do matter.