Sunday, September 13, 2009

RAS / Education Link Update

Remember to have your friends and neighbors
Google or Yahoo give2attain
The more informed/thinking voters, the better !!!!
Do It Now !!!!

Some useful links for your reference. Thoughts on any of them?

Speed El Elefante en la Sala de Estar (RSI stuff)
Speed Obama Speech pt2 --- pt1
Speed Out for Justice Anoka Hennepn pt2 -- pt1
Speed AH Technolgy
Speed Unprincipled Principal
Speed Why not here ?
Speed Board mtg agenda improvement
Speed Forced Unionism
Speed Geography of Woman (funny and true !!!)
Speed Test Scores Pt4 - Pt3 - Pt2 - Pt1
Speed Teach for America
Rdale 11 to Run
DJ No RTF Endorsement
DJ I am Running
DJ (Richard J Brynteson) Profile
DJ Test Scores
Exposed 11 to Run
Exposed Schools Scramble
Exposed Patsy Running
Exposed Test Scores
FD Diversity Trg Pt2 -- Pt1
MinnPost Cash for Flunkers
MinnPost Geoffrey Canada
MinnPost Gifted Students
MinnPost Obama speech
MinnPost Pre-Labor Day Start
MinnPost Invest in Toddlers

4 comments:

CDO said...

Hey John,

I have to admit I have neglected to check out your site for way too long. I won't make that mistake again. Your comments and inspiration of discourse are an excellent example of the civil discourse that is so sadly lacking in our society today. Thanks for sharing your thoughts so freely.

Christine said...

Interesting that all of the new candidates running are either from Crystal or Plymouth. (With the exception of Beth Sharpe, from Brooklyn Center.)
So, I've read that Richard Brynteson did not get the the teachers' union endorsement, and that Mark Bomchill did. Does anyone know who else they endorsed? The three incumbants? I'm just curious... their endorsement has zero effect on my vote.

Sue said...

I wonder if for some voters the teachers' endorsement might actually have a negative effect?

John said...

Candace and JJ,
Thank you for your kind words of encouragement here and on Speed the other day. I'll try to keep up the good work. All I ask from the G2A readers are your opinions/comments, and your help to get more RAS area people reading, commenting and learning.

Christine and Sue,
I tried to find a web page for the "Robbinsdale Federation of Teachers" to look up their picks and the following did not work... (http://www.rftonline.org/)

I wrote a "congratulation and/or condolences" note to DJ because I agree that I am not sure if this is good or bad news.

All,
Is there an RFT site that can help us understand more about them, their beliefs and their actions? I would like to understand and know more about the entity and membership politics...

Also, I heard my first, "all the incumbents should be shown the door" comment. What do you think? Is the frustration over budgets, levies, taxes, closures and transitions going to play a major factor? Your rationale?

Though I may have done some things different, I think they did moderately well given the constraints they were given. Not to say I'll vote for them, but I will keep my mind open as usual.