Sunday, June 11, 2023

Trump vs Clinton Doc Cases

 Are quite different. Though Trump supporters seem unwilling to accept this.

Not to mention that neither Trump nor his DOJ bothered to go back after Clinton.

However Trump did make a point to say "LOCK HER UP"...  Since he was even more intentional and resistant in his document scandal, it seems we should now be saying "LOCK HIM UP" !!!  And yet his supporters that wanted to see Hillary incarcerated, seem okay with his blatantly illegal activities.

How about we drop the crooks and go with someone like Tim Scott

It might help the GOP get the minority vote...  However how many White GOPers would refuse to vote for a Black man? 😧

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Hillary kept nuclear documents after leaving office I would be all for prosecuting her too.

--Hiram

John said...

I am not sure we know for sure what she had on her email server?

John said...

I think the difference is that she was okay working to shutdown that server. Unlike Trump and his collection.

Anonymous said...

What I hear is that it is a matter of criminal intent. Anyone can send anyone a classified document as an email. Does that mean the person receiving it has committed a crime?
e
People make honest mistakes, and I don't think honest mistakes should be prosecuted as crimes. There is so much paper involved in government, and so much of it is classified, that I find it hard to believe that hasn't taken home something he should. And classification isn't really the issue. All documents generated are the propoerty of the government and should be returned to the archives.

Are these ideas applicable to the Trump case. Will he say at trial, "I just messed up. What I used as wrapping paper turned out to be classified info. But to Demonstrate my good faith, I cooperated from the outset i making all the documents I had available to the archives, to correct my honest mistake." I haven't heard that from Trump so far, but maybe we will hear it at trial. If so, that would be to Trump's benefit. It it were true.

--Hiram

John said...

It may kill Trump to admit an error...

Seems to be a win - win situation. :-)