Sunday, February 19, 2012

Oops, Learning, Word of Link

So I lost a long comment I was writing when the public wireless I was using apparently timed out or something.  I hit publish and the comment went POOF...  After cursing silently I went frantically to my Blogger account in hopes that somehow it had been saved.  Unfortunately it was GONE.

However as I incessantly tell my girls, every mistake may be a learning opportunity.  If one wastes the opportunity, then it is just a waste/error that is likely to be repeated.  You can be assured they roll their eyes at that one.

In this case I learned 2 excellent lessons.  First, make sure I have an internet connection before I hit publish.  And if not, I need to copy it off to a document file for later posting. Secondly, during the comment search and thanks to a new comment layout in the software, I learned that I have a "SPAM" folder in their system.  Apparently it would put the suspect comments into the folder and send me a notification email only sometimes.

And the winner for the most suspect comments that were being held for my review is ...  "Laurie"  In fact, they even went back to the days when she was known as Nokomis...  There were also a few for J.  Well, I marked the non-spam comments as such and deleted the rest.  Also, I will start checking the folder every so often to ensure no more go to that black hole. (Sorry Laurie... By the way, how did you get on the naughty list???)

Finally, as I ask every so often.  When you are interested in sharing G2A or one of our dialogues, please take advantage of the new buttons under the posts to place a link on your Facebook or Twitter account.  I have been using the Facebook button and it works great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any point in posting those comments now?

J.Ewing

John said...

I think they all posted after I okayed them. Unfortunately they are scattered across the last year of our discussions.

The upside is that historians may find them after we have passed. Or we may see them when I link backwards.