Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bus and Right to Work Updates

Here are some links to the latest news and letters regarding the privatization.  I still find it hard to believe that folks think that busing should be a RAS core competency.  Of course if I was a driver, I may see it their way.  Since I am not, move the money and focus into the schools where it belongs.

MN Sun: RAS votes to Privatize
MN Sun: Paquette Letter
MN Sun: Van Heel Column
MN Sun: Union Grievance
MN Sun: Valentine Letter
Star Tribune RAS to Pick Company

The Unions never cease to amaze me regarding how low they will sink to scare little old ladies...  "Oppose Right to Work" or we won't have the necessary personnel or equipment to save you when your house catches fire...  They seem to forget to mention that she may lose that house due to tax increases need to pay their higher than market wages.  And that there may be more personnel and equipment if each person was paid market wage.

Star Tribune Right to Work
Fox TC: Right to Work Critic Ads
Politics in MN: Right to Work

I was going to update regarding Teacher Tenure, however it seems somewhat stalled at the Governor's desk...

Thoughts encouraged.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am constantly amazed by the union mentality in situations like this. Having priced themselves out of the market and lost their jobs to real competition they insist "if you fire us, we'll go on strike!" I've even seen it happen to companies that are closing up shop completely. "If you go out of business, we'll strike!"

J. Ewing