Thursday, January 12, 2023

Apples and Watermelons

Biden vs Trump document situation.  I mean both screwed up and were careless with classified documents.  However Biden self reported the findings and worked with the National Archives to get them returned when they were found.  

Where as Trump repeatedly lied and sought to obstruct the effort to return the documents to the National Archives.  Even today he claims to have the right to retain them.

And yet people will try to equate the situations.  It is so strange...

5 comments:

John said...

A Comparison

Why a Special Investigation

Anonymous said...

The media is going to have to take Biden out for a ride on this one for a while now to neutralize charges of bias. Fair enough, it was a dumb thing to do.

--Hiram

John said...

Agreed. Who do these people hire to pack their boxes?

Anonymous said...

Leaving the vice presidency is not one of the things many people acquire a lot of expertise about through experience. That said, had it been me, I would have made a point of leaving the White House and other offices without carrying away a single piece of paper.

People do mess up however, something I do have a lot of experience with, and what that has taught me is that it is best to deal with the problem immediately and try to find a solution. What I don't want to read in the Biden case is that there was a history of resistance to government officials trying to retrieve these documents. I don't want to see spurious privilege claims or any effort at all to impede this perfectly proper investigation.

--Hiram

John said...

It is so strange....

If I leave MTS Systems...

I do not see me taking with their documents !!! :-O