Monday, August 21, 2017

My Very Busy Weekend

Though I am sure there are more exciting things to discuss, I thought I would share something less earth shaking.  So this weekend I moved my oldest daughter to Oklahoma City for her new "post college" job !!! (ie one less tuition bill !!!)  And here is how it went:

  • Wednesday: Hooked my 2002 Suburban up to my big enclosed trailer and secured the last of her belongings for the trip.
  • Thursday: Drove to Ivanhoe, MN and picked up my friend for this adventure.  I also brought my golden lab Izzy because my daughter who was already in OK wanted to see her. Then we visited a friend in Lake City Ia and stayed over night.
  • Friday: We took the long trek to OKC and it was nearly 100 degrees when we got there.  We had dinner and unloaded .
  • Saturday: We went down and toured part of OKC called Brick Town and some lovely gardens they have downtown.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  Then the air conditioning compressor on my trusty old Suburban decided that 100 degrees in town was just too hot...
  • Sunday: Tim, Izzy and I drove in our very hot vehicle to Manhatten KS and stayed over night with his brother.
  • Monday: We headed to Cameron, MO for lunch and to checkout the eclipse. Unfortunately the weather did not fully cooperate, but the clouds did make the drive more comfortable. (see pics below) It was fun to see, however I am happy it was on the way... And now I am home and Tim is taking my Suburban and trailer out to the farm until Winter comes.
Well it was an excellent and memorable weekend, however I am sure going to be happy to be sitting at my desk tomorrow in an air conditioned office building.  :-)





No comments: