Saturday, March 21, 2020

Trump Had Good Days, Then...

he returned to his lying, blaming and distraction... :-(

Trump:
Then earlier this week he started to act kind of like a good President.  And I assume he thought there would be an immediate out pouring of praise.  And when that did not occur he got frustrated and went back to his life long habits. :-(
It will be interesting to see if this disaster and the unnecessary deaths will finally get him to focus outside of himself and develop empathy for others?  The first 3 years of his presidency says that he just can not step up to the required level of professionalism and performance.
And I understand how difficult it can be.  70 years of selfishness, attacking, lying, manipulation, cheating, forcefulness, attacking, defaulting on promises, etc got him many of rewards he wanted. It is really hard to change after that many years of ingrained habit building

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think people voted for Trump, or many of them at least, because they saw him as a business leader who could get things done. That was an illusion, one that differs a lot from reality.

--Hiram

Laurie said...

I remember back in 2016 when I posted about 100 links about Trump's character defects and incompetence but you went ahead and voted for him anyway. If you had a do over would you vote for Hillary? Are you planning to vote for Biden?



John said...

Yes,I probably would have voted for Hillary,not it would have made difference since she won MN.

Yes I will probably vote for Biden.

I had hoped Trump would grow into the position... Unfortunately he seems unable to do so.

Laurie said...

This wouldn’t have happened if Hillary Clinton had won

John said...

Jerry,
I had missed your link. I am not sure if I am happy yet or not.

Trump delayed taking enough action early so a geometric progression virus got a big head start. And we did not have the necessary supplies ordered early.

Now Trump is going to sign off on a massive bailout package to try to make up for his failures.

At least he is doing better now...


Laurie,
My crystal ball is not that good, I am not sure what Hillary would or could have done different. I guess the upside is that our National Debt would not be so high right now and we would be in a better position to fight this mess.