Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Learn & Think Principles / Values

As I mentioned, teachingvalues.com and Covey's principles did not work for me as they were. I wanted them stated: as affirmations, so the related values or keywords clearly stood out, & roughly grouped by key activity. The following is what I came up with for:

Learn & Think
Attraction
I work to be discerning and self-aware, so I can distinguish between beneficial and destructive things that I attract into my life. I need courage to take the next step toward wholeness by eliminating the negative desires that attract chaos into my life. If I do not curb my destructive desires, life becomes increasingly difficult. (ie personal development, wisdom, expertness, self renewal, vision, values)

Purity
I choose to see the beauty of the simple things in life and perfection all around me, instead of complexity and distortion. Therefore I retain the innocence and joy of life that uplifts me and reconnects me to my true inner self. (ie chastity, live now, notice)

Cause & Effect
I am accountable for my every thought, word and deed, and recognize the wisdom of restraint and being aware of the intentions of my actions. For every action there is an equal reaction. (ie karma, awareness, consequences)
-

No comments: