Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Principle Centered Result

Well, this is what the final result looks like, except much more legible. There are some real advantages to having spent the time soul searching and documenting my beliefs:

  • Changes were thrust upon me this year that stressed and frustrated me greatly, and by reviewing the document I was better able to put these into their proper perspective and relax.
  • I am by nature or nuture a workaholic, and keeping my roles/beliefs visible helps me to better maintain balance and live a happier life.
  • When faced with a difficult decision, I use the balanced principles to help me look at the potential solutions from various perspectives. This always helps me generate a better solution.
  • The actions serve to keep me honest and working towards the life style I want to lead, rather than getting caught up in the day to day rush.
Like all other people, I fail often to live by the principles I profess. Yet having them defined and visible has definitely increased the accountability I feel, therefore it has done wonders for my thoughts and behaviors.

Finally, my belief is that this document is just a rough draft and will be under revision until the day I die. It took me until almost age 40 to understand what I really don't know everything. Now I truly believe that for the next 40 years I will continue learning and growing...

-

No comments: