Thursday, August 13, 2020

Far Right Whining

I am not sure if I am more disappointed that one of my FB Friends copied and reposted this drivel, that 27 of her friends liked it or that there are so many whiny Americans on both the Right and Left?

I comments are in Blue.

I need to rant for just a moment. I am 49 years old. I’ve worked hard all my life. I made my reputation, the good and the bad, I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I have worked hard to get where I am in life. I have juggled my career, my family, and made many sacrifices to secure a life for my family.  It is great that they made good on the benefits that America, their community, their parent(s), their parents connections, their school, their teachers, their church, etc provided them with.  I asked how fortunate they were and got ZERO responses. 

It wasn’t always easy and still isn't, but I did it all, while maintaining my integrity and my principles. I’ve never put anyone beneath myself or denied help to anyone. I have friends of every walk of life and if you’re in my circle, it should be understood that I don’t have to remind you of what I’d be willing to do for you.  I find ironic how they praise their virtues... "never put anyone beneath myself or denied help to anyone"  While complaining and insulting pretty much everyone who disagrees with them, and saying how they do not want to help other people.

However, I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. People who have sacrificed nothing and feel entitled to receive everything.  Again with the I earned everything through my efforts alone and "THEY ALL" are lazy bums. 

I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it themselves.  Again with the I earned everything through my efforts alone and "THEY ALL" are lazy bums. 

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which, no one is allowed to debate.  This America BY God, we have debate Climate Change Over and Over and Over...  Just because one does not like the answer does not mean they were not free to debate the topic.  The good news is that reality comes no matter how much people choose to deny it. :-)

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of all parties talk like their opinions matter to the common man. I’m tired of any of them even pretending they can relate to the life and bank account that I have.  Do you think these folks started out as rich wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians?  I am betting that many of them started out poor or middle class, especially the athletes.  And likely faced far more adversity than the person writing the piece.  And then there is Trump who was born with a silver spoon ... And yet I am sure they worship his "talk"...  It is not about wealth or fame...  It is about Freedom of Speech and the writer not wanting to hear opposing positions.

I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.  Something I can agree with, though I would add rich, poor or middle class... [ie balance the fricking budget] :-)

I’m upset that I’m labeled as a racist because I am proud of my faith and trust in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.  What in the world ???  I don't even understand that leap.  Maybe... You may be a racist if you look down on, judge or try to interfere with people who have a different or no religion?  Or work to prevent them from entering our country where Freedom of Religion is encourage and protected?  But as a Christian, I have no problem with other Christians being proud of their faith and trusting in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.  Just don't judge me for having a different interpretation of the Bible.

And for those afraid of COVID-19 killing you, understand God has a date for you to meet Him regardless of any diseases that could affect you. So if COVID is making you afraid to get out and enjoy spreading the Gospel of Jesus maybe you should "Have a little talk with Jesus " because at some point in time you will, maybe now would be the best time to do that!  Another STUPID concept, the God I believe does not intend for me to take unnecessary risks with my life or that of others. And 2 Boats and a helicopter.  He gave us free will to do good and hopefully avoid evil / stupidity.  I am just waiting for these "anti-maskers" to get to heaven's gates and be refused admission because they put other people's lives at risk or contributed to their death.  Just because they did not want to social distance or wear a mask.  I personally have no COVID, but I certainly fear for the elderly and/or infirm citizens.

I’m tired of being told I need to accept the latest fad or politically correct stupidity or befriend group that’s intent in killing me because I won’t convert to their point of view.  Again... This person is SO PARANOID.  Who is trying to kill them for not joining a club?  I must have missed that "White Middle Class" person lynching spree on the news. :-) 

I'm really tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. Especially the ones that want me to fund it. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination, or big-whatever for their problems. I do agree that something needs to change.  How to help kids and hold irresponsible adult(s) accountable for improving their lives?  But remember paragraph one...  "never put anyone beneath myself or denied help to anyone"

Yes, I'm really tired. But, I'm also glad to be in the second half of my life. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are creating. I thank God I'm on the way out and not on the way in. I HATE the fact that my children and grandchildren are having to face this screwed up world. I want them to grow up understanding their freedoms of living in America, have respect for authority and the older generation who risked or sacrificed their lives to give us the rights we currently have in America.   Talking about a major league whiner...  The biggest problems our country is facing is a MASSIVE NATIONAL DEBT and possibly climate change.  Which ironically were both caused by my and older generations.  I don't see anyone threatening the freedom of speech, freedom of religion, etc...  Of course, one may need to sell cup cakes to a LGBT couple, but get over it. 

Any individual is not entitled to anything. You have a choice to work, a choice to stay off drugs, a choice to make something of yourself. I have nothing to do with your choices. That's all on you. You are entitled to what you earn. I do believe that adults are responsible for their choices.  However it would be incredibly naive to claim that our society / government does not influence the choices that are made by individuals. Just look at the mortgage interest deduction, welfare programs, how we fund and manage schools, how we enforce laws, etc. That is why the Left and Right argue so aggressively for their policies.

There is no way these thoughts will be widely publicized, unless each of us sends it on! Surely, the politically correct police censors will try to quiet us.  And here is the "we are so censored pitch" of the American Victim.  And which no censor cares about this piece..

Thoughts?

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

John!

I don't think I found anything of yours to disagree with.

How about that!?!?

Moose

John said...

Miracles do Happen !!!! :-)

Laurie said...

the whole thing implies that other people (probably minorities) don't work hard.

John said...

Yeah... The whole piece is pretty disturbing...

"We" good / industrious / victim... "They" bad / lazy / oppressor...

I thanked the ~45 yr old woman for the post idea and left the link to my critique there...

No feedback or unfriending yet... :-)

Anonymous said...

I try not to worry about how I am labelled.

--Hiram

Anonymous said...

I also try, not always with success, to not be ths sort of person who labels people. I don't worry a lot about what other people think of me, and I find it amazing that other people care what I think about them, or how I might label them in a fit of pique.

--Hiram

John said...

I am not sure someone should "worry" about how others label them...

However I think one should be aware and take that feedback seriously.

Eulogies and Self Awareness

Eulogy Exercise

Eulogy Exercise Methods

Anonymous said...

Feedback, maybe, labelling not so much. I learned about this in the playgrounds of my youth that while sticks and stones were a concern but that I should never let names hurt me. People who use and apply labels do so because they want to avoid discussion of underlying isses.

Also, I am a fan of Orwell's essay on Politics and the English language.Orwell talks about avoideance of cliches. Left wing media coesn't play the same role for left wingers that right wing media does for right wingrs. I don't watch MSNBC in the same way as many on the right watch Fox News. I don't think I have ever seen more than a few moments of Rachel Maddow. But if I did, and I heard her call someone a racist, I would feel bound by Orewll's words not to use the word myself for perhaps week. Such a shame the other side doesn't feel the same way about Sean Hannity or Trever Carlson.

--Hiram

John said...

And yet repeatedly people on the Left do label conservatives as racists, bigots, misogynists, etc. :-(

I do understand why the author wrote...

"I’m upset that I’m labeled as a racist"

Anonymous said...

If you approve of a racist policy, are you a racist?

Maybe the better term would be racist sympathizer.

Moose

John said...

Moose,
You think most everything is about race, which is very incorrect.

It will be interesting to see how the definition is updated.

John said...

Maybe we should ask Merriam Webster to define the words...

Poorism
Stupidism
Lazyism
Ghettoism

And then you may be on to something.

Because most people do not tolerate these traits no matter the race of the person practicing them.

When I see a highly tattooed, pierced, saggy pants, etc guy standing down by the salvation army waiting for food at the salvation army or begging on the corner I really am not thinking about their race.

When I see some 22 year old over weight young woman walking her 3 over weight kids down the sidewalk I am not thinking about her race.

Anonymous said...

If you approve of someone else's racism, or even if you don't approve but say nothing, it makes you complicit. There's really no other way to say it.

Moose

Anonymous said...

And yet repeatedly people on the Left do label conservatives as racists, bigots, misogynists, etc. :-(

And surely we think it, far more than we say it. But conservatives are pretty good at avoiding outright expressions of racism, an ability that Biden could use.
o often I feel invited to use these terms, almost begged to as the cliche puts it "play the race card". It's a temptation that I do try to resist. Innuendo is the key to the strategy. Imply something, and when called on it, claim injured innocence and accuse the other side of playing the race card. It's not about slavery, it's about state's rights, and if you say state's rights is a cover for racism, you are playing the race card. It's not human bondage, it's heritage. That sort of thing.

--Hiram

Laurie said...

link for a possible new post;

The Republican Party Is Racist and Soulless. Just Ask This Veteran GOP Strategist.

John said...

Moose,
You still need to define racism and differentiate it from the other above.

If a person is fully accepting of their Black professional co-worker and not accepting of a chronic Black woman on welfare...

Is that racism?

John said...

Hiram,
How about you rejoin us in 2020...


Laurie,
I scared that the MJ piece may be correct, except I lay the blame at the feet of the Trump True Believers... Not the Republican Party...

Those citizens seem happy to sell their souls for something. :-(

Anonymous said...

Is not accepting chronic blackness racies? Does that depend on the context? Is it racism at work? Is it racism on the welfare line?

Human beings are complex and have all sort of qualities. The ones we choose to focu us on tell us a lot about ourselves. When the quality we choose to focus on is race, that raises the issue of race, particularly when those qualities are linked to racist stereotypes.

--Hiram

John said...

Ironically. from my perspective it is the folks on the Left who are obsessed with race / racism.

Anonymous said...

Ironically. from my perspective it is the folks on the Left who are obsessed with race / racism.

That's helos to explain why labelling shouldn't drive policy. People do have all sorts of qualities, and one of them is race. Ignoring them can be just as problematic as focusing on them.

Concerning obsession, Republican spent the 8 years of the Obama adminstration, totally on edge waiting for him to "play the race card". There were times when it seemed they were capable of little else. And in response to the Obama years, they chose a transparent racist as their candidate for president.

--Hiram

John said...

How would ignoring race be a bad thing?

Anonymous said...

How would ignoring race be a bad thing?

It makes sickle cell anemia harder to diagnose.

Race can't be ignored, if for no other reason than other people don't ignore it. The rest of the world ignored what was happening in Nazi Germnay and tens of millions died. One thing I am absolutely sure of, fear of being called a name isn't a good reason for ignoring something.

--Hiram

John said...

Yes there are a very few things that are truly race related.


I am happy to call out bad behavior regardless of race.