Thursday, May 2, 2019

Technology, Stress and Health

VOX Bored and lonely? Blame your phone.
Our emotions today are radically different from what 19th-century Americans felt. That’s partly due to technology.


Stress and Technology


I am often concerned for my children and other young people.  The younger generations are much more reliant on or addicted to their technology than I hope to ever be.


An older person in my life was frustrated that I often do not answer my cell phone or text back quickly.  They thought that since I had all this cool technology, I would be accessible when ever they wanted me...  I then explained to them that "I have this technology for my convenience, not yours..."


Of course they did not think much of that answer... :-)


What are your thoughts on this topic and the linked articles? 

2 comments:

John said...

In hind sight, I should have left this portion here. :-)

"Using technology to read about Trump stresses me out." Laurie

John said...

Laurie,
Maybe you need to watch more "cat / toddler videos" until closer to the election. :-)