Friday, March 15, 2019

Support Dave Dahl

Well in an interesting twist they unplugged the FB Support Dave Dahl page.  Maybe a some open dialogue is deemed a concern by those in power???


"Hello Everyone. I want to thank everyone in this group for their passion, and their commitment to AHS and District 281. I also want to thank everyone who has come here to show support for Principal Dahl. I created this page almost two weeks ago at the request of community members and students, in response to the reassignment of principal Dahl to a Principal on Special Assignment position. The community members and students that I was in touch with were looking for a way to communicate with one another effectively, amplify student voice, and share information and meeting dates etc.
I immediately removed myself as the group’s administrator, because as a district employee I did not think it was appropriate for me to have any real or perceived influence on the content that might get posted in an open forum. (I asked to be re-added as an admin to post this and delete the group.) I am grateful for the students and parents who volunteered to admin the group, and for all of the work that they have done here.

The admins and I have agreed that while many other worthwhile topics have been broached in this forum, at this point the group has fulfilled its original purpose. We encourage anyone who has continued thoughts to share to write to the district administration at:
carlton_jenkins@rdale.org
john_vento@rdale.org
michael_herring@rdale.org
pam_lindberg@rdale.org
helen_bassett@rdale.org
sherry_tyrell@rdale.org
sam_sant@rdale.org
david_boone@rdale.org
Please also consider attending the school board’s listening session on Monday, March 18th, as well as get involved in the student group “Activists For Change” at AHS led by Kaia Hirt. Thank you again for your passionate discussion, your ardent support of 281, and your support of Principal Dahl."

No comments: