Thursday, March 14, 2019

What is Wrong with You!!!

Unfortunately my online views and real life have collided again, so I have removed almost all my comments from the FB Dave Dahl page.
  • Now I like Dave and hope he can stay on another year.
  • And I dislike the soft bigotry the district seems to be pursuing.
  • By lowering expectations and punishments for certain demographics
  • But I do think that Bosses should be able to pick their employees.
  • And I will have no kids in the district after June.
  • So the current parent(s) will need to seize the reins. 
Conveniently a conservative FB acquaintance posted the below image today...  I thought it was very accurate...  Though maybe I would change the caption some:
  • Judging people by their race, sex, wealth, religion and sexual preference is wrong !!!
  • Why can't you White, Male, Wealthy, Christian, Straight BASTARDS figure that out???
I posed some questions on the previous post that deserves some page 1 coverage:
  • Now folks on the Left expect and promote providing additional support and services to kids from certain demographic groups. 
  • Why are they surprised that the kids from those certain demographic groups would get in trouble at a higher rate?
  • Not only are they surprised, they blame the punishers and accuse them of being racist.
  • So are they racist when they want to give a greater percentage of the additional services and support to certain demographic groups?
  • Should they be screaming at the social services personnel for being racist?
Please remember that I really do not care about race. I happily work with people from all over the world.  However I do understand that one's home life does spill over into the school and classroom.  This is not a race issue, this is a poverty, parenting and social issue.




9 comments:

Laurie said...

punishments are not an effective way to change behavior for many kids. I am in favor of providing self-regulation support to any student who has a need. Race has very little to do with it. You could learn more about cultural competence (for teachers and administrators)

Laurie said...

so what did you say on the FB Dave Dahl page that was so offensive and needed to be removed?

John said...

I am happy to support the kids, however attacking schools, districts, personnel as racists because more troubled kids come from more troubled families seems very WRONG.

Please remember that questions like these are not acceptable in Liberal circles.

"How does one determine if an action is racist or simply demanding a high common standard of behavioral excellence from all students and parents?"

•I have no problem admitting that I believe the majority of the achievement gap is due to parental short comings. I believe the school systems are 30% accountable and the parent(s) are 70%. My readers and I have been arguing about how to ensure every child succeeds for 10+ years. No magic bullets yet.Given the stern and shocked responses to my Blame vs Contributions link. How do you want to ensure Every Child Succeeds? (ie No Child Left Behind) I am very curious... To make this more meaningful. Please note that ~40% of our kids struggle. (see below)

John said...

And I personally am indifferent to the sensitivities of that crowd, but unfortunately those folks like to challenge my family members instead of me... :-(

We will see if anyone comes up to me at tonight's meeting.

Laurie said...

do people really challenge your family about your views? I don´t find your views shocking or offensive, but your views do come across as mildly racist. I did a quick search for a link for you on cultural competence but didn't find anything worth sharing.

John said...

Why thank you... I think...

Same question right back at you...

"How does one determine if an action is racist or simply demanding a high common standard of behavioral excellence from all students and parents?"

Am I mildly racist for expecting excellence from all parent(s) no matter their race?

or

Are you mildly racist for expecting less from the parent(s) who are racial minorities?


I am pretty sure the kids want parental excellence no matter who their parent(s) are..

John said...

And yes people approached both my wife and daughter to explain to them how wrong I am...

Unfortunately, they likely agreed... Or disavowed me... :-)

Kind of like Peter after the death of Jesus...

Laurie said...

I imagine some students are disruptive with one teacher and well behaved with another. This issue is not so simple as you seem to think. And getting you to understand about cultural differences and cultural competence is clearly not going to happen. Getting a more diverse teaching staff would be one step in the right direction.

Anonymous said...

I don’t really know if a disruptive kid would behave better for a teacher of a different race.

-Molly