Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Who Is Economy Good For?

Bloomberg Trump Promises Undercut by Wage Stagnation
Now I can relate to this article since I do not see any significant changes occurring in my compensation anytime soon.  The corporate tax savings is being used to buy back stock, not reward workers... And Lord knows expenses keep increasing...


So how are the voters going to take Trump bragging about the great stock market when half of them own no stock and for the most part many have no savings?

4 comments:

jerrye92002 said...

NPR LIES! The DJIA closed above 26,000, not 21,000. So, using the standard you would apply to Trump, EVERYTHING NPR tells you is a lie. Remember that.

Anonymous said...

Neither of you apparently noticed the date of March 1, 2017 on the NPR article.

So jerry, you are wrong yet again.

Moose

John said...

I noticed... I just linked to it because it had a good description of who owns stock... And I am pretty sure that has not changed in 16 mths.

And it really doesn't matter what the stock market is doing if you don't own stock. I think that was my point.

In fact, the stock market gain is consider by many voters to be proof that the companies are screwing the workers and Trump just helped them to continue doing it.

John said...

I mean Trump sold the tax cuts by saying how the companies would share some of the windfall with their employees and it just is NOT happening.

I assume my employer is very typical... Upper management works for the stock holders and is rewarded handsomely when the stock price and profits go up... So would they distribute more cash to us workers, or will they buy back stock?

Our CEO already makes ~$2.5 million per year... I am sure he is wondering how to get that to $4 million.