Sunday, November 8, 2020

He Lost to Worst Candidate

Or so Trump says, what does that make him. :-)

President Donald Trump suggested Friday he might take drastic action if he loses to Democrat Joe Biden. He might even leave the country, he said.

“Running against the worst candidate in the history of presidential politics puts pressure on me,” Trump told supporters at an airport campaign rally in Macon, Georgia. “Could you imagine if I lose? My whole life – what am I going to do? I’m going to say I lost to the worst candidate in the history of politics.”

Trump said he might not feel so good after an election loss to Biden. “Maybe I have to leave the country, I don’t know,” he joked.

The comment drew a quick retort from The Lincoln Project, an anti-Trump group of current and former Republicans working to elect Biden.  The group posted a video of Trump's remarks on Twitter and added a one-word commentary: "Promise?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not orignal to me, but someone asked what other Democratic candidate in the race could have threaded the electoral college needle, the founders back in 1787 established for 21st cenury Democrats to win the presidency? Biden's strength is quiet but it is real, and it's something I welcome after four years of the opposite.

--Hiram